Monday, June 23, 2008

winter magic festival

Is this the only place in the world that is silly enough to have a mid-winter out-doors festival?

Over the years we have had rain, wind, sleet and sun, sun, sun! And so it was this year - a glorious, sunny, blue sky day - if a little chilly. Almost perfect and the many visitors, performers and stallholders were out in force enjoying the happy, joyous atmosphere.


The main street of Katoomba is filled with stalls, buskers and roving performers.


I set up my jewellery stall at about 7 o'clock in the morning and I wasnt even the first there.
we were on the eastern side of the street so had to wait to get the sun, but in the afternoon when the sunset I was in the last little bit of sun as it set between the buildings - and then it did get chilly!



It's essential to get dressed up - but I was so busy and the crowds were so thick that I couldnt get any good photos.



GC, my assistant got into the spirit of the day with dragonfly pants made by Lynne Lade and a sparkly hat.
Here he is suurounded by white haired old ladies!

We loved the devil and his unicorn dog. So cute!









All in all a great time was had and we finished the day tired, but very happy.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...