Saturday, March 6, 2010

some little things this week

I feel that I havent been very productive lately.
Well at least it is a quiet time of year.

So I have been allowing myself to do some playing.
I was playing around with different beads in different colours in peyote and brick stitch, and I was going to make it into a pendant, when a friend asked was it a brooch?

*ping*

I added a vintage glass button, sewed on a brooch back and 'voila!'

- a brooch.



This set me to thinking that if I stitched a base of peyote stitch that is big enough to take a brooch pin and if I then added on segments of different stitches using different beads, I could drape and fold the pieces, sew them down and have a brooch with a flat back.

My first attempt - it is very free-form looking -


but there is definitely a possibility here.

Watch this space!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this, Tess!
It reminds me of a precious treasure found in the wondrous depths of the sea...organic and rainbow colourful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...