Monday, February 16, 2009

Treasuries on a Monday

It's been a busy week!
I have spent a lot of time promoting the Ozbushfireappeal shop.
It has been tremendously successful with $10,000 raised as at Monday morning.
Full credit to feliciafairy for starting it and all the Australian etsy sellers who have supported her as well as the many generous contributors and the amazing buyers.

Thankyou all!!!

Here is a treasury that I curated today with the bushfires in mind.
Thinking of all the beautiful bush that was burnt and the estimated one million native creatures who died.

Please visit my treasury and give it some love (click on every picture and leave a comment)
LOST - the flora and fauna of Oz.
It will be visible until Wednesday 7.14pm US East coast time.

Now to recap a little - I didnt post the treasuries from the week before last as last week I just posted the bushfire ones.
But they are so gorgeous I just had to mention them.

First - a woman after my own heart, Faeriemajikk found some wonderful oriental inspired pieces. I love japanese designs, fabric and calligraphy.

I thank Linz, of Faeriemajikk for including mine and amy's Japanese Summer tshirt in such a beautiful treasury.

Linz is an amazingly talented artist - maybe it's because she is self-taught!
she draws, paints, makes fantasy sculptures and such pretty jewellery.
Please take a look at her full shop.
I have just chosen this Steampunk Lady because it combines two genres - steampunk and fantasy and I think that is so original and creative. It appeals to the unconventional side of me.


Coincidentally the next treasury was inspired by one of Faerimajikk's works - Seductive Selkie.
It was curated by Vanillapixie and she continued the cool blue ocean theme.



I was thrilled to see she had included my Winter Ocean bracelet amongst her aquatic delights.


Carley of vanillapixie makes the most delightful hair accessories.
They are all very sweet, but I was attracted to these rather punk ones, maybe following on from the steampunk lady.

But you can chose for yourself when you visit vanillapixies shop.


Lastly another one from me - this time to promote the Australian sellers February sale.
The theme is 'Heart's Desire' but in the excitement of nabbing a treasury I typed in 'heart's delight' by mistake!
I made it all romantic red and pink -


My treasury shows 16 boxes, although the four on the right hand side are fainter.
That is because there are 4 spares in case some of the original ones sell.
The alternates are only visible to the curator of the treasury.

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

A good round up honey...lovely treasuries...

Unknown said...

Tess...how sweet are you to mention me on your blog.
Such wonderful words from another Talented Aussie Artist.
Thanks,
Linz AKA FaerieMajikk

Funky Finds said...

Congratulations...you won the Percival Road Designs giveaway on Funky Finds! Please email your mailing address to info(at)funkyfinds(dot)us and I will get them in the post asap. Thank you for supporting Funky Finds & indie artists, crafters and designers. Cheers, Jessica Dougherty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...