Sunday, September 20, 2009

A new stitch

I like learning new beading techniques but some things just dont seem to work.

For example I have tried working with right-angle stitch, but it is so boring! and hard to get looking right.

Sometimes it just needs the right project to shine a light on things.

And so it was that I found a light in the latest Bead and Button magazine.

A really pretty bracelet design by Cindy Caraway using right-angle weave.



This is right-angle weave.


This is one half of the bracelet.
It is pretty enough to be a little bracelet in it's own right.

But you sew two together and this is what it looks like.


I finished mine with a decorative button from my button stash.


I love it and it was easy!

If you'd like to learn how to make this bracelet go check out Bead and Button magazine October 2009 issue 93.

2 comments:

Cindy Caraway said...

I love seeing other beader's take on this design :) It looks great!

Sharon said...

Very cool design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...