Friday, February 4, 2011

What I've been (not) cooking

It's been so hot this week and despite having airconditioning I really havent felt like doing any cooking.
Anyway I love salads in the hot weather.

One night I made an asian noodle green papaya salad, which I was so hungry I forgot to take pictures of!

Why is it that asian food is so condusive to the hot weather?
Maybe because they have had centuries of developing cooling food.

The next evening I made rice paper rolls filled with leftover rice noodles forn the papaya salad, shredded carrot, sliced cucumber, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, thinly sliced red capsicum and finely chopped shallot.
I mixed it all together with a litte sweet chilli sauce.
Rolled into softened rice paper rounds, dipped in soy sauce and yum!



OK, so this next has a bit of cooking - but I used the mirowave for all of it, so that I didnt have to cook over the cooktop.
Gado gado!

I never make enough peanut sauce I should double the amount.
Peanut butter, tablespoon of soy sauce, crushed garlic clove, tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, some water.
Heat until combined and hot!

I confess - I cooked hard boiled eggs in a saucepan on the stove top!
But still a sweat-free dinner.

What are your favorite hot weather meals?

1 comment:

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Yum, my mouth is watering, what yummy hot weather food you made.
We love cold meats and salad as no cook meals on hot days (and often boil some eggs too)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...