Thursday, July 18, 2013

My creative space - triangles and circles, running out and haning options.

A couple of weeks ago I showed you my circle beaded earrings.
I had started these red ones and they are a bit bigger than the original version.
I finished them with a larger size seed bead on the edge - so there are 3 sizes of beads - 15's, 11's, and 8's.
I'm pleased with the result - it's a nice size and has a good firm feel.



So off I set to make it's mate - but, Oh No!
I ran out of beads!
Gah! This is probably a common beaders mistake.
And now I'm trying to track down some more...otherwise I will have created a pendant instead!


Sooooo I need another project? Yes?

This time I wanted to create some puffy triangles to make into dangly earrings.

This idea must have been smushing around in my head because I rummaged through my beading magazines and voila! the perfect pattern was in Beadwork magazine.
It was actually a bracelet project, but perfectly adaptable to earrings.

I know how to make triangles but it was the double-sided puffiness that I needed to learn.



I like them!

So I made them in a few different colours and some different beads .


Now I can't decide how to string them.

This was my original vision - on a curved earwire.
Just simple.
But it doesn't really work as the bead doesn't hang straight and there is no "swing".


Is "swing" important for earrings?

If it is them I could attach a little head pin and then the hanging is more pleasing as well.


Or I could use these gunmetal kidney earwires.




What do you think?
Which style do you prefer?

2 comments:

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Love the cute pyramid type shapes! I like your pink and purple options because I like swing on my dangly earrings. :)

planettreasures said...

Thanks Deb, I tend to agree with you about the swinginess!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...