Sunday, April 18, 2010
I've been getting a lot of reading done since I've been out of action with a fractured ankle.
Making my way through the pile of books next to my bed, then I can start on some of the kids books.
So this week I thought I would bring you the last 7 books I have read -
1. The Laguna by Barbara Kingsolver
I loved the structure and concept of this story and it's view of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera's lives, and the broader sweep of history.
2. Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich
Knocked this one off pretty quickly. Bit of a marshmallow book, fun at the time but you wouldnt want to have it everyy day.
3. Parrot and Olivier in America by Peter Carey
Not exactly an easy read, being written in the two voices of Parrot and Olivier during thr French Revolution. But I do like Peter Carey. I think he is very clever.
4. The Waddi Tree by Kerry McGinnis
An Australian outback family saga. Very evocative of time and place.
5. The Good Mayor by Andrew Nicoll
I didn't enjoy this one as much as I wanted to. It's hard to say why. Maybe the style. Or the story.
6. Oyster by Janet Turner Hospital
An early Janet Turner Hospital. I do enjoy reading her.
7. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
Laugh out loud! What more can I say?
What have you read lately that you can recommend to me?