Friday, April 26, 2013

Five Fabulous Friday Finds from my Faves

Hey! How has your week been?

Are you having an extra long weekend due to Anzac Day being on Thursday?
Or is it business as usual in your part of the world?

Whatever, here are some gorgeous creations that have caught my eye recently.

Most of then are works on paper - but that Ok, isn't it?
And actually what caught my eye in this first one is the beautiful photograph of the necklace and it's styling.
It's a work of art in itself!

Long beaded necklace by GentleDecisions

I have a very soft spot for calligraphy, and even did some myself. (Here in this post)
I love the overwritten style here and the aged look of it - like some antiquarian manuscript.

Voici mon secret by suziscribbles

Maybe it is the altered art look that I'm drawn to.
I love the way this looks like something that has been folded - and kept, maybe in a secret place?
I know there is a lot of *bird art* around, but I think this is more than just a photos of birds - it tells a story too.

Bird Photograph by TriciaMcKellerPhoto
Yes - and cats!
But I like cats.
And I like minimalist watercolours.
This japanese influenced painting is by my friend Mark - but that's OK!

Cat Inc by MarkusMay
Jillian of Billy and Scarlet is a new find!
I love her style - so simple, but so warm and inviting.

Moustache art by BillyandScarlet
Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Suzi Smith said...

ooh Tess, thankyou for the feature *excited squeal*... I'm quite addicted to writing on the old pages at the moment!
Been having a wander around & admiring the views...such a lovely place you've got here :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...