Tuesday, April 2, 2013

To market, to market....

On Saturday I was at the Burrawang Easter Market held in the cute little town of Burrawang in the Southern Highlands.
Small town but big market!



The great thing about these one-off markets is catching up with old market buddies.
Some of them I have known for as long as I've been doing markets - 18 years or so.


Ann and Barry make the best leather wallets, bags and belts. We have bought quite a selection over the years.
I first met Ann at little Glenbrook market which was run by my friend Chris and got me my start in marketing!


Rhonda makes fabulous jams, pickles and relishes under her brand name - Victory Lane. Her husband Brian (who declined to be photographed) is a potter, but isn't potting at the moment.
I especially love Rhonda's morello cherry jam and her lime pickle is the best this side of the sub-continent!


It was a lovely surprise to bump into Lynn again. I met Lynn through her sister Lori. Then Lynn started making wooden items and selling them at the same craft co-op as me.
Well I can tell you that she has really branched out since then! She is turning beautiful pens, and cheese knives to go with her cheese boards.
You can find Lynn at Cobbitty market and Windsor markets.


 A regular market buddy is my friend Kirrily of needlevsthread who makes the most fabulous bags.


And Danette of Samibop, who was so incredibly busy that I couldn't get her to stand still for a photo.
Danette uses vintage fabrics to make the cutest children's clothing.


 I just had to post a pic of the delicious City Biscuits.
Absolutely yummy little cakes - and I think they must have sold like hot cakes!



It was a wonderful market for quality craft, and some non-handmade items plus local produce - raspberry preserves, ewe's milk cheeses, local wines.
And of course a hot potato stall! {Nearby Robertson is the home of the big potato}.


I debuted my new gazebo roof - it's yellow! Can you spot it?


I also launched my bow ties for guys and girls -

 

1 comment:

lorik said...

Well fancy bumping into my sister here at Planet Treasures :)) She certainly is making some beautiful things. Great pic too!
Also interesting to see the other pics of stalls - makes me a bit nostalgic and tempts me to get back into markets again:)

I think we need a pic of your stall too next time Tess !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...