Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time for a jaunt - bridges and bathing rosellas

Lucky for me that it wasn't raining today!
I planned to go for a walk to one of my favorite spots to fulfill one of my daily photo challenges.

I seem to be always a day behind with my challenges this month - and I'm only doing two! (sorry justB, I seem to have baled on #amonthof).

Anyhoo, off I set.
It was a fine sort of day.
The walk is only about an hour and goes along the line of the old zigzag that took the railway up the escarpment of the Blue Mountains , at Lapstone Hill.

Then there are steps down to the gorgeous Knapsack bridge used to carry the main road out of Sydney up Lapstone Hill and all destinations west.


I never cease to be amazed by the stonework and the elegant arches.


The design of arches is astonishing - they stay up and seem to defy gravity.


Then down the bottom in the relatively lush waters of Knapsack creek were two crimson rosellas having a bath!





I wish the photos were better, but in my defence it was a bit gloomy down there, I was a fair way from them, I was using my little compact camera and they were moving around pretty vigorously.

And my photo for the photo challenge?


"Under" for the Fat Mum Slim photo a day challenge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...