Monday, June 10, 2013

What I found at Finders Keepers

I was a Finders Keepers virgin!
But then my friend Needle vs Thread asked if I could help her transport her goods to the market.
Could I?
Yes indeed!

If you don't know Finders Keepers is a bi-annual independent art and design market started in Sydney 5 years ago and has since grown to appear in Brisbane and Melbourne.
They are a carefully curated market that seeks to showcase new and independent designers.
You'll find that there is a certain indie vibe amongst their exhibitors.

This year the market was in the cool post-industrial space of the Sydney Technology park (used to be a railway industrial centre) and the space is fabulous with just enough of the old signs of industry.


I wondered how many on-line/etsy/market friends I would see.
So I was thrilled to see Fiona of 4 Leaf Clover just near the entrance.
Fiona creates the most gorgeous homewares from her images of native Australian flora and fauna.

4 Leaf Clover
There were art and accessories....and great names!

Sillier than Sally
There was bunting!


There was polymer clay jewellery.
Emily Green's stall was cheerfully bright.

Emily Green
There was more polymer clay jewellery -

Boxy
There was food -

Cornersmith
- and somewhere to sit and eat (bit empty before the opening!)



The lovely on-line {ethical}design market was there - 

Blue Caravan


Then, spotted, right down the back....on-line friend Emma of Benconservato with her whimsical creatures.

Benconservato
And I was also thrilled to catch up with local Blue Mountains ceramic artist Sian - just love those egg holders and her awesome teapots.

Sian Thomas



I think my favoritest-shop-name-of-all-time is....The Gently Unfurling Sneak!

Not only that but Anika creates some of the quirkiest works around!
I love her style!

The Gently Unfurling Sneak
Another artist that captured my heart was Renee Treme - such adorable prints -

Renee Treme

  and jewellery -


Mr planet thought the best stall was this one -

Marcue
 - so much so that he bought me a pair of her fabulous handmade boots!
They are like the ones above but not that colour.
I'll be sure to show you when they arrive - as they are made to order.

One of the most popular stalls was this one - JukeCase.
Speakers set inside vintage suitcases - what a unique and brilliant idea!

Juke Case
And last, but by no means least, my friend Needle vs Thread who makes the.best.bags.ever!

Needle vs Thread


That is just a short wrap of the stalls that caught my eye.
There were about 200 stalls altogether, so much good stuff to see.

Check it out next time - the next Sydney one is 5th and 6th December and if you are closer to Brissie or Melbourne check out the Finders Keepers website or follow them on facebook for all the latest news.
It's a great day out - see you there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...