1. John Brown, Rose and the Midnight Cat by Jenny Warner and Ron Brooks ( my favorite picture book)
2. Alice in Wonderland (and through the Looking Glass) by Lewis Carroll ( because I read it so much as a child and then read it to my kids)
3. The Time Traveller's Wife - by Audrey Niffenegger ( I just loved it)
4. Cloud Atlas - by David Mitchell ( Extraordinary - structure and story)
5. The Red Tent - by Anita Diamant ( I enjoyed her retelling of an old Testament story from the woman's point of view)
6. This Thing of Darkness - by Harry Thompson (the story of Charles Darwin and Captain Fitzroy of The Beagle in a novel form)
7. Anything by Bill Bryson.