Thursday, August 26, 2010
This is a cross between Pad Thai and Gado Gado, and it's from a Moosewood cookbook.
It's easy and you could vary the vegetables.
170 g packet of rice noodles, the flat kind
- Cook rice noodles in boiling water as per the packet
2 Tbs lime juice
Grated rind of one lime
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup of vegatable stock
- mix all together using a whisk
2 leeks, make sure you wash all the dirt out from between the leaves
2 green zuccini
1 red capsicum
- slice all the veg into thin sticks 1/2 to 1 cm wide and about 10 cm long.
- Saute in a little oil with 2 crushed garlic cloves and a tablespoon of lemon grass, in a wok for 2 to 3 mins until just tender.
- add peanut sauce and the noodles and stir until heated through.
- garnish with some chopped fresh coriander