Saturday, November 24, 2012

I'm a bowerbird!

I found some blue things!
I love blue and I'm so happy that blue is in fashion again.
It has been impossible to buy blue clothes the last few years - believe me!

But yesterday I scored at the op shop -


It's a little big but because of the style I don't think it matters.
It will be nice and cool and go with some of my patterned Lynne Lade pants.

Then it was off to Spotties for a spot of fabric shopping - I have the urge to make something for myself. *gasp*.

I'd had a bit of a rummage in my old sewing drawers and found some patterns - some very old patterns! 


But undetered I was on the search for blue!
And look what I found -
Blue twill for some pants to go with the hydrangea print I bought last year (with all good intentions!)


I'm also a bit enamoured with orange at the mo.
Yep, I'm a tie-dyed girl!
But it will go with some other Lynne Lade pants (the most comfy pants in the world)
and maybe not too shabby with the blue either?


Oh, of course while a spotlight you have to check out the other bargains and I scored this very-useful-looking beading thingy!


What a great gadget!


 Plus at the op shop I found this useful-but-boring butter-coloured linen shirt


If you are wondering about the bowerbird reference - the Satin Bowerbird collects blue things to embellish the entrance to his bower to attract the ladies.
This is the one in our back yard.

Amazing, huh?

2 comments:

Kat McNally said...

What a stunning blue top!
How have you been since Blogtoberfest? I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12. Would be so rapt if you joined us!
There's a little giveaway too. :-)
Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html
Take care,
Kat xxx

The Creative Beast said...

I loved learning about the bowerbird and how they leave bright blue things to entice female birds. What a treat to have such a bird in your backyard!

BTW: loved the previous post on Etsy finds - the book shelf is WONDERFUL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...