Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Is it wrong to have chocolate for breakfast?


Back before Christmas I posted about christmas muffins.


I tried out a few recipes and in the end made up my own variation.


Here is the recipe -

2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips 
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk

In a large bowl thoroughly mix the first 6 ingredients.
Lightly beat the egg, add the oil and milk.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix just until the flour is moistened. Do not over mix.
Spoon into muffin tins and cook for about 20 mins at 180 degrees C.


So we did have chocolate for breakfast on Chrsitmas Day!
....and it didn't feel wrong at all!

2 comments:

Clare said...

Of course it isn't wrong . . . sometimes it is exactly the right thing to do.

planettreasures said...

haha! thanks Clare, some days I feel like I need chocolate - a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...