Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Seven #3 - Favorite summertime activities

What do you love to do when it's summertime?

Here are my picks.

1. Going to the beach.
We are about an hour and a half's drive to the beach - so it's do-able in a day.  If the waves are right I love catching the waves on my boogie board.



2. Snorkelling. When the weather is warm and the skies are clear there's nothing so relaxing as floating along above the sealife underneath.

3. Having a BBQ - a true Aussie pastime. It also means that although I normally do the preparation - I don't have to cook!

4. Sitting in a beer garden sipping a boutique beer - or cider!



5. Going for a bike ride. If it's not too hot or there is too much uphill! There are some great dedicated bike paths in Sydney - still more to explore.


6. Eating summer fruits - mangos, nectarines, cherries, apricots, peaches, lychees - yum!



7.Taking advantage of the gorgeous Blue Mountains, where I live. Hanging out in the National Park, walking, swimming in a waterhole or just having a picnic.


I'd love to hear your ideas!
Do you like the hot weather? Or do you try and stay cool?
Get out in the sun? or hide?

I'm sure we are all different and there are many great things to do.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Give me the sun and the heat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...