Are you a traveller? Or more of an armchair traveller?
I love to do both! For years while we were raising out family we couldn't travel over the water as it was too expensive (apart from relocating to the US for work one - but that is another story!)
But in the last couple of years we have been lucky enough to travel a bit...and as you may know - a bit is never enough - once you get bitten by the travel bug, you just have to scratch that itch!
So here are some countries I haven't been to, but would very much like to.
1. Italy - yay! it's happening this year! in September!
2. The Stans - Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan - the heart of the Silk Road, featuring such exotic locations as Tashkent, Bukhara and Kashgar.
3. Chile - mainly to visit the far, far south Patagonia and Tierro del Fuego. I'm sure there is a lot more to Chile and indeed South America than that - but it's a start. ps daughter has just been there and I can't wait to see her photos.
4. New Zealand - it's close, it's next door, but I've never been. It looks fabulous and I know we would love it.....maybe next year....or the year after.
5. Mexico - I regret that when we lived in the US, in Arizona, when we were a stone's throw from Mexico that we never went. But there you are!
6. India - again. I've been trekking in the Indian Himalayas twice and been to the Taj Mahal and stuff, but India is huge and diverse and endlessly fascinating and I'd love to see more.
7. Burma - I'm in love with South-east Asia. We've been to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangkok (and would love to revisit all those places) but Burma is newly accessible and my not be too touristy yet could be very interesting.
How about you?
Where are the travels of your dreams?
images from the web apart from the third one which is by Freia Noss.