Saturday, February 15, 2014

7 movies

My local video shop has a great Wednesday special - 7 movies for $5. Weekly movies, so they are not the latest releases but it is a fab opportunity for me to catch up on the films that I've missed.

I must admit it's a bit of a chore to watch a movie every day.....but I did my best!

And here they are.

1. Cloud Atlas.



I loved the book by David Mitchell.
Not sure about the movie.
One of the things I loved about the book was its structure and the movie adopts a different way of telling the different, but linked stories.
I think if you haven't read the book then the movie would be more confusing, but I'm not sure I totally understand the book either!


2. Silver Linings Playbook.


Predictable but enjoyable.
Well acted, nicely filmed.
Funny, heartwarming, feel good.
Nothing wrong with that.

3. Life of Pi.


I loved the book.
And I also enjoyed the movie. I thought it was very well made and captured the essence of the story.
It was also gorgeous to look at.

4. The Sessions.


Great story, very well told.
Funny, bit sad.

5. Hitchcock.

 It was fun.

6. Red Dog.


I'd love to say this was a great Australian movie, but somehow it just doesn't cut the mustard.
Corny, predictable, OK acting, averagely shot.
Such a shame.
However it's not a total "dog", it's a good gentle movie when you don't want your brain stretched too far. Would be a good one to watch on a plane flight.

7. Perfume.


This is not an easy movie.
It is not a "nice" movie.
However it is fascinating, beautiful, unusual and too long.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...