Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Out and About - Henri Marc

It is a widely-held view that the western suburbs are a cultural and culinary wasteland.
OK, we do have The Joan*...and when I say "we" I mean "they" as I do not, strictly speaking live in the western suburbs (I am beyond all that), but it is my closest shopping centre and all that stuff.

But The Riff ** has never had a lot going for it......until now!

Henri Marc is in town!


They have the . best . coffee by miles.


It is a bit tricky to find and doesn't really jump out at you.
Can you spot the cafe here?


But once you are inside you know that it is not just your normal-run-of-the-mill place.
It's a bit hipster - yes?



Last time I went I had a muffin that was as good as mine! Home-made and really, you know, muffiny.
Not cakey.


(yeah, it's blurry....no, it's not your eyes.....yes, it's a shocking photo)

 Today I had the french toast with poached peaches and salted caramel.


Oh, my word! It was to DIE for. Seriously.
I would be happy if I had to eat only this for the rest of my life.

I was severely temped by the "caramel on toast".
Also by the "avocado, tomato, ricotta, pesto on sourdough", sounds ordinary.....looks amazing and I bet it tastes amazing too!

So if you are a westie or a bluey*** or you are travelling west anytime between 8am and 3pm Monday to Saturday go check it out.

Don't be put off by this -


Pst, I'll give you a clue it's near the war memorial.


*The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre.
** The Riff = Penrith to locals
***From the Blue Mountains

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...