Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Some new pieces for the new year

Everybody else was back at work, so it was time for me to do some more creating.

But what?
Where to start?

I have so many ideas going round in my head, so many beads to use and a market this sunday!

I need to make necklaces and earrings and bracelets!

So I started small with some cute little czech glass beads I found just before Christmas.

Little chuck converse sneakers!

After rummaging through my bead boxes I found half strands and part strands of beads, not enough for a necklace, but how about a bracelet?

and instead of stringing in a repeating pattern, how about grouping them.

Desert Oasis Bracelet

Sand and Sea Bracelet

then because I always have many odd beads

Earth Bracelet

inspired by the colours of the earth.

What to do with one sizeable chunk of yellow opal?
Exotic Journey Bracelet

combine it with pearls and Swarovski Crystal, and some Bali spacers.

If you had to go collect all these yourself, it would be an incredible exotic journey.
I wish I could go on that journey.

But for now I just have to do some more creating.

4 comments:

Gillian said...

What Lovely Delights :)

I love 'Exotic Journey Bracelet' what an amazing mixture of elements, they all work so beautifully together :)

Owl and Fox said...

ooo, love the desert oasis! Beautiful work :)

planettreasures said...

thanks, Gillian and Owl.
It's so helpful to get some feedback for one's creations.
I know I like them but can never be sure anyone else will.

Tins and Treasures said...

I love to wear bracelets and I especially like these...do you ever make them just a tad smaller for 'scrawny' wrists?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...