Monday, January 19, 2009

Treasuries- part 2

It's a great buzz to find an item you have created has been chosen to be in a treasury.

I had that thrill three times last week!

How do you know if your work had been picked for a treasury?
When you look at the treasury lists if you have an item in one, a gold star will show just before where it says 'picked by'.

So the first one was curated by super-talented artist janallsopp.

I'm so happy that she thought my sand and sea bracelet fitted with her theme.

Jan has many talents, apart from painting and drawing she makes altered books and mixed media pieces.

I really love these pair of cup paintings.


Another treasury I was in, was this lovely one by michvanetta.
She found all these different silver pieces from members of the DUST team (Down Under Street Team - a group of Australian sellers on etsy).
My by the light of the silvery moon earrings are in wonderful company amongst all these talented artisans.

Mich, is an amazing jewellery designer, who takes amazing photos of her creations.
Dont you just love the cool simplicity of these turquoise earrings.
check out all the other goodies in her shop.


A great surprise was to see I had been included in this team treasury, to showcase the work of the etsy twitter team.
Just in case you dont know, twitter is a social chatting network.

This was a lovely bright and colourful collecton, and I was so happy to see my colourful carnival bracelet was a part of it.


Lastly I got the chance to curate one myself.
I also wanted to showcase all the wonderful Australian craftspeople, so I started searching for members of the DUST team.
I found a vibrant ring by bobishi, and that became my colour scheme.
One thing led to another, and then I had to think of a name, as that is the first thing you enter when posting your treasury.
...berry colours, yum - I love berries, they are delicious!

Hope you think my treasury is delicious too.

2 comments:

Leah said...

congrats on the treasuries! 3 in one week is pretty special!

Leanne Lonergan said...

Congrats on being featured in all these treasuries Tess...well done on being in so many and well deserved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...