Monday, October 10, 2011

Lunch with Mel and Dora

Today I met one of my on-line friends for the first time, but it didn't feel like the first time.

That's how it can be with on-line friends especially ones you have known for 3 years or more. People think how can you genuinely be friends with someone you have never met in person? but I'm sure you all know that you can.

It's a newer version of having a pen pal, but more instant.

And when you finally actually meet, it feels like you have known them for ever and you feel so comfortable in their company and the visit is just too short and you want to have more meet-ups with them.

Has this ever happened to you?

Well I met with Mel today and Dora (Mel's dog who I failed to get a photo of)


We had lunch.


And then we had coffee and cake and then I came home, but I wish I could do it all again tomorrow.

Instead I came home and cooked roast veggies to have with our Monday night pasta - I just roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, capsicum, mushrooms and mini roma tomatoes in olive oil, then I tossed them with coriander pesto. Served with the little risoni pasta. Nice!



You can find blogtoberfest participants here.

Blogtoberfest giveaways are here.

And my giveaway is here! Drawn tomorrow!

6 comments:

melanie said...

I wish we could do it all again tomorrow too!

I forgot to scan the thing I gave you - could you scan or photograph it for me please? :) xxpalky

planettreasures said...

Why does life get in the way of having fun?
Sure I can photo it, I did mean to anyway...I'll do it tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Ive met a few people IRL that i fist knew online, it can be scary and exciting and ive made some amazing friends.

Lori said...

I agree. I have had two very good online friends since 1998, one is in Perth and one is in US. The Perth friend I see (in person) more frequently though-for obvious reasons. She even came to my son's wedding. As a child I loved having pen pals too! I can just imagine the lovely time you had at lunch together.

Sheeprustler said...

Your dinner looks yummy and I am going to try that! And yes, I have met up with online friends a couple of times and found them to be true soul-mates, it is such a lovely feeling when that happens!

lyptis said...

I love risoni!

Great to meet some online friends in person!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...