Friday, October 21, 2011

What I have been up to this week - blogtoberfest day 21

Another week has zoomed by!
And I got a bit of this'n that done!

How about you? did everything go according to plan?
Any surprises or excitement this week?

As I mentioned earlier my daughter and I have started a fitness pledge - an so far this week I have been for a 1 hour walk, a 2 hour bike ride, a 1 and 1/2 hour buswalk and today I did 45 minutes of yoga from this on-line site.

My 1 hour walk took me round Glenbrook Lagoon, which has lots of waterlilies and weed in it at the moment.


A part of the lagoon reserve has been recenlty burnt - what a shame.


And leaning over a fence from a house bordering the lagoon - a mulberry tree.






I've had quite a few earrings orders via madeit this week and I like to use stickers on my parcels, but I am running out of the ones I'd bought.
However I'd also bought some from thankyou tags from kokovanilla, but wanted them to be stickers.



But wait! I remembered a gadget I'g bought a while ago from a craft show - the Xyron create-a-sticker gizmo!


Then - voila!  I had cute little thankyou stickers.



One of my favorite local walks is along an old fire trail at Valley Heights -





It was a beautiful day and starting to warm up.
The best of the flowers had gone - but the ferns were unfurling -


and there was a whole bank of Flannel flowers at one spot.




I have even found time to make some things with my new beads ...and a few oldies thrown in -



I just love these acid green crackle beads.
First I combined them with vivid orange then something a bit more subtle - with cornflower blue agate and some stripey lampwork cubes.

Whic one do you like the best?



You can find my weekly giveaway here.
Please leave a comment and I'll add you to the draw next Tuesday.

You can find blogtoberfest participants here.

Blogtoberfest giveaways are here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...